- 290,000 SF retail space
- 45,000 SF office space
- 350 parking spaces
This former box factory from 1919 was the last vacant loft building along the commercial and retail Clybourn corridor in Lincoln Park. To resolve a first floor elevated five feet above the sidewalk, the design concept connected the sidewalk with the elevated retail floor and made feasible the conversion of the derelict building into a viable retail, restaurant and commercial complex. At street level, a continuous glass entry yields opportunities for merchandising and branding. The solid masonry façade was removed to provide views in to the main retail area and create attractive and inviting entries to the lobby.
The construction of a new complementary building across the street creates an urban mall complex, as well as needed parking for the adjacent shops.