The original ebony-colored terra cotta facade has been thoughtfully restored on this circa 1930’s historic structure with Art Moderne features, now the site of CorePower Yoga’s new Roscoe Village studio. Long vacant, the building exterior was partially covered in metal panelling, dryvit, and vestiges of signage and awnings from previous tenants. HPA devised a scheme that provided for a strong storefront presence within a historically appropriate treatment of the building.
The cladding additions was carefully removed and the terra cotta underneath was restored. A new storefront curb was seamlessly integrated using glazed brick tile in a matching ebony tone. Because the building has been denoted an Orange Rated structure, with potentially significant architectural or historic features, restoration plans were coordinated with the Chicago Landmarks Department.