HPA is always interested in connecting with creative, inquisitive, energetic problem-solvers who are engaged by the transformative possibilities of design and by the desire to improve communities. For consideration, please forward your resume and sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a job opportunity for a Project Architect who will be accountable for project management, design coordination and development, and technical review and implementation, while working in collaboration with a Senior Project Architect, Principal or Partner. Primary responsibilities include developing deliverables, coordinating disciplines, and supervising document production by junior staff.
Minimum requirements for this position include an architect license and 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Works with senior managers to create the project work plan, and helps lead the project team to deliver projects according to the schedule and budget.
• Translates conceptual design sketches into schematic design drawings, demonstrating a keen understanding of basic building elements, such as stair/exiting requirements, program and area delineation, schematic structural layout, parking design, and prototypical program elements, including unit, bedroom, bathroom, living space sizes and configurations.
• Ensures the overall design intent is reflected in production drawings.
• Coordinates development of drawings among internal staff, and with outside consultants and other project team members.
• Regularly communicates with project team members, client representatives, government officials, to confirm design requirements and specifications, for progress checks, and to respond to queries and requests. Proactively identifies issues for resolution, and works with manager to constructively resolve issues.
• Undertakes thorough checks of deliverables to ensure they meet protocols for quality control, graphic standards, and best practices.
• Conducts analysis of zoning and building code compliance through each phase of design, including periodic checks and re-issuance of zoning and project data sheets.
• Performs as a team leader on certain projects, and mentors junior staff.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Thorough understanding of architectural building systems, materials, construction techniques, building codes, and sustainable practices.
• Ability to creatively devise solutions to work around existing conditions and other limitations, and present multiple ways to respond to a given set of design problems.
• Ability to work together as a member of a team for a common purpose or benefit while working individually on given tasks.
• Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations, and outcomes. Requires having excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
• Ability to adapt to variety in the workplace, and a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• LEED accreditation is desired
Interested candidates should forward their resume, sample portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com.